Saturday, November 3, 2007

Welcome to the Almond Shuey Blog!

Welcome to the first post of the Almond Shuey Neighborhood Blog. The purpose of this blog is to keep our neighborhood informed of what's new in our neighborhood and around downtown Walnut Creek.

I will be the host of this blog. My name is Steve Reiser and I live at 1860 Shuey Ave. I am a REALTOR® and owner of Oakhurst Properties, located right at the edge of our neighborhood on Bonanza and Shuey. I am also the incoming President-Elect of the Contra Costa Association of REALTORS®.

Since moving in to this incredible neighborhood 5 years ago, I have had the pleasure of meeting or interacting with several of my neighbors. Staying active in local government relations, planning and real estate, I consider myself a neighborhood advocate; hosting the annual 'Swinging Shuey Day' summer barbecue, leading the charge with the City of Walnut Creek's General Plan 2025 and keeping an eye on the City's proposed Historic Preservation Ordinance.

Please take advantage of this convenient means of communication - post announcements, concerns, tips & other goodies. Hopefully, this blog will take on a life of it's own. Post away - and enjoy!

If there is a topic you would like to see addressed in this blog, please send me an email.

- Steve

No comments: